Customer Success Manager
SendGrid is a proven cloud-based customer communication platform that successfully delivers over 30 billion emails each month for Internet and mobile-based customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
At SendGrid our customers experience and making them successful is one of our most important tasks. Given that our customers pay us over time customer growth and retention is vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are continuously receiving value from SendGrid.
This role’s primary responsibility is to ensure that our customers receive an outstanding customer experience. You will work with customers throughout the customer’s lifecycle to ensure customer receives maximum value from our solution. You will work with our customers to build relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on our customers' defined goals and objectives.
You will be a critical member of the team that advances SendGrid in our European expansion efforts. This role will work closely with our sales team, developer community and existing customers to build our presence in Europe and potentially other global regions.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Maintain world-class levels of customer retention, customer satisfaction, and ongoing customer engagement with customers in EMEA and India
- Work closely with the Sr. CSM - EMEA providing secondary CSM support as needed for SendGrid customers in EMEA and India.
- Obtain and continue to develop an expert understanding of our products and services
- Work with Sales, Account Executives and Onboarding Team to ensure smooth hand offs from Sales to Support/Customer Success.
- Develop strong relationships with Sales, Account Executives, Delivery and Support to ensure cohesion and shared understanding of goals and initiatives
- Work with support from your manager on pricing and contract negotiations using skills that balance customer and SendGrid perspectives
- Work with customers on escalated issues to ensure the best possible experience
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability of your customers
- Provide product demos, general email consulting and promote new products within the SendGrid product portfolio
- Work with the rest of the Customer Success team implementing customer-focused initiatives designed to expand SendGrid’s revenue footprint, add business value to the customer, create and communicate best practices, and evangelize product value
- 3+ years experience in an account management role for a highly technical product
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and like the challenge of expanding SendGrid’s presence in the UK
- Motivated, goal-oriented, persistent with a passion for customer success
- Skilled negotiator and team player willing to jump in and help out when needed
- Proven ability in account management- building relationships, retaining customers, and identifying expansion opportunities
- Excellent follow-up skills with great attention to detail
- You take charge in stressful situations and help guide others
- 4-year degree or relevant experience
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top