Customer Onboarding Manager
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email company that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 33 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
You will be responsible for working with our customers in their first 60 days to build relationships, learn about their business goals and objectives to coordinate their onboarding schedule and/or product integration. With the goal to drive value and adoption to the customer based on their goals and objectives. You will lead these onboarding efforts with a cross-function team, including, Account Executives, Sales/Customer Success Engineers and Customer Success Managers.
Importantly, beyond what you offer SendGrid, you will learn and grow immensely in the areas of onboarding, email delivery, data insights, scaling and overall strategy. You will have visibility into many different areas of the business for a holistic view of SendGrid and its environment. You will learn to influence decisions with data and be the source of facts to support important operational decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Serve as the project manager ensuring all aspects of the implementation is successful and on track with the goals of the project
- Develop success plans and business reviews for customers that outline critical success factors during the onboarding period including metrics for success, potential issues, and provide recommendations
- Work with Sales, Customer Success Managers and Sales Engineers to ensure smooth hand offs from Sales to Customer Success
- Maintain customer retention, customer satisfaction, and ongoing customer engagement during the first 60 days of a new customer
- Work with customers on escalated issues to ensure the best possible experience during the onboarding period
- Provide product demos and training as needed to ensure customers understand the value of the SendGrid products
- Obtain an expert understanding of our products and services
- Identify areas of upsell during the initial period and work with sales on those
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering, Product and Operations to ensure cohesion and shared understanding of goals and initiatives
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- 5+ years experience in a customer facing role of a highly technical product
- Prefer experience in email marketing, digital marketing and/or SaaS based products
- High technical aptitude
- Lead onboarding activities with a technical product
- Team player
- Proven project manager
- Skilled negotiator
- Problem solver
- Excellent follow-up skills with great attention to detail
- You take charge in stressful situations and help guide others
- Motivated, goal-oriented, persistent
- Passion for customer service
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
- API Experience
- Whitelabel/DNS Experience
- Email Experience
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Lauren helps customers capitalize on SendGrid capabilities by answering inquiries, introducing new products, and streamlining the overall customer experience—encouraging implementation of new strategies.
Back to top