Corporate Communications Intern
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
SendGrid is looking for a creative and self-motivated intern to join the Corporate Communications team as a summer intern. You are a strong writer and communicator who has an interest in technology. You are excited to support Corporate Communications over a variety of external and internal channels both written and visual, and are ready to make an immediate impact!
As part of the summer internship program, you’ll benefit from all of the exciting perks that come with being part of a fast-growing company. And as part of the Corporate Communications team, you’ll leave here with a diverse set of experience to add to your portfolio.
This is a paid internship beginning in the summer of 2017.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Monitor relevant industry articles, provide media analysis and recommend media relations opportunities for SendGrid
- Help identify new ideas and content suggestions for SendGrid’s social media channels
- Contribute original articles and assist with the creation of videos for SendGrid’s employee intranet
- Assist with internal event coordination
- Participate in internal and PR agency meetings
- Help manage our PR calendar and attend relevant product, marketing, and sales meetings to help with planning
- Assist with cross-departmental copyediting requests
- Assist in the development of press materials including briefing materials, media lists, etc.
- Conduct competitor research and provide recommendations on PR approach
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Super detail-oriented and leave no stone unturned when editing and doing research
- Driven to see your media relations ideas convert into media coverage for SendGrid
- Excited to see your writing make a direct impact on employee engagement and have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Social media savvy
- Eager to contribute your voice to SendGrid’s internal content
- Ready to join an energetic, fast-paced team
- Preferably pursuing a Public Relations or Communications degree
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top