Business Operations Intern
We’d love for you to work, learn, grow, and have the time of your life with an internship at The Grid. Our 90-day summer program provides you with the ability to work on fun and challenging projects that make a real impact on our customers, code, products, and revenue. You’ll develop and apply skills that will impact your career in a meaningful way. You’ll have the opportunity to hang out with and get advice and mentorship from our executives, both inside and outside the office. You’ll participate in fun intern outings, and learn what it means to work at a culture-first company through our focus on being: Happy, Humble, Hungry, and Honest. We provide you with a competitive wage, free lunch every day, mentorship, and the possibility of future employment.
As a Business Operations Intern, you will extend and deepen strategic capabilities of SendGrid’s marketing research & insights department in the areas of competitive intelligence, market intelligence, sales win/loss analysis, customer insights, net promoter system and/or market research.
Importantly, beyond what you offer SendGrid, you will learn and grow immensely in the areas of data analysis, insight generation, influence, and strategy. You will have visibility into many different areas of the business for a holistic picture. Further you will answer questions for our executive team and be empowered to initiate and activate new ideas. You will learn to influence with data, be the source of truth and facts to support important corporate strategy and operational decisions. You will learn to effectively balance a diverse set of activities to have a full picture of the business.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Responsible for deepening the amount of engagement, insights and understanding of SendGrid’s competitors, market, and customers will which support our goal to delight our customers and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Support strategic, cross-functional initiatives with departments including sales, product, customer success, support, finance, marketing in order to accomplish specific projects and ongoing processes. You will influence colleagues with data and insights.
- Work on both day to day operational activities and special project(s) related to our goals to:
- Deliver an outstanding competitive and market intelligence program that encourages deep participation and engagement across the company and results in increased understanding across company
- Drive collaboration with product marketing, sales leaders, product and customer success
- Prioritize and align competitive and market intelligence needs and opportunities by working with stakeholders to identify the most impactful areas of focus and knowledge gaps
- Execution of sales prospect and customer win/loss analysis program, ensuring insights are reported effectively across company
- Manage and update customer insights and data
- Support our Net Promoter System including surveying customers, verbatim analysis, closing the loop, and post-survey data insights
- Contribute to and support custom research strategy and execution
- You’re a builder - you will have to roll up your sleeves in addition to managing stakeholders and collaborators.
- You’re comfortable deep in the weeds of data analysis -- able to frame the problem you’d like to solve, able to generate insights from the data, and able to synthesize and present learnings.
- You’re analytical and data driven, using results and metrics to inform and shape strategy.
- You seek to learn the story the data tells, rather than simply bend the data to tell the story you prefer.
- You have a strong sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- You have strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- You’re hands-on with solid detail to attention.
- You are currently enrolled as a student in your junior year or in a graduate program with plans to graduate in December 2019 or Spring 2020.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top