Associate Software Engineer - Applications & Services
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
As a Associate Backend Software Engineer at SendGrid, you will be responsible for helping building the products that enable our customers to build and manage the delivery of billions of emails a month in a secure and scalable way. You will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve customers’ problems at-scale. You will have the opportunity to shape architectural solutions that enable the next generation of communications products at our company.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Work in a creative and highly collaborative environment with Product and other engineering teams to build the next generation of SendGrid products
- Utilize cutting-edge distributed systems architecture built using Riak and Solr technologies
- Create highly used api endpoints that service our entire front-end application allowing our customers to manage millions of contacts while they are building world-class marketing campaigns
- Implement scalable solutions utilizing caching, pagination, loading data on demand, and other techniques to handle massive, yet accessible, data sets
- Develop unit and automation test plans, alerts, and reports within our system to ensure we know of issues before our customers are impacted.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- BS Computer Science, related technical discipline, or relevant work experience
- 0-2 years in software development or related internship experience
- Enjoy participating in a high velocity, nimble and dynamic team in an open collaborative environment
- A solid foundation in computer science
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Go, Java, or C/C++
- Working knowledge of modern Unix development and runtime environments
- Familiarity with Chef
- Familiarity with NoSQL Solutions: Cassandra, DynamoDB, CouchDB, Riak
- Experience building robust REST APIs in high traffic environments
- Knowledge of distributed systems or microservices architecture
- Knowledge of data storage solutions (SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with Search (Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch, AWS CloudSearch)
- Familiarity with message queues (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Familiarity with Docker container environments
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Lauren helps customers capitalize on SendGrid capabilities by answering inquiries, introducing new products, and streamlining the overall customer experience—encouraging implementation of new strategies.
Back to top