Associate QA Engineer
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email company that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 33 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
Your are integrated into a delivery team as a heads down tester. Digging into the product to find the flaws is exciting as you know it will propel the Grid forward. You are familiar with Agile principles and desire to work towards ensuring you meet the standards the team has set forth. You can follow test plans that are made for epics and ensure that there are no gaps.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Consistently apply SendGrid QA engineering processes
- Design and develop tests, working with team members to understand business needs
- Working within the team to identify risks and create tests to mitigate
- Focus on enhancing testing skills to include corner cases
- Be responsible for your tasks and story completion
- Analyze requirements for testability, pointing out gaps and potential pitfalls
- Communicate issues as they are found immediately to team to ensure the proper attention is given to resolutions
- Work with the team to troubleshoot/determine resolution for simple issues in your team's domain
- Begin to align actions and personal development with longer-term team goals
- Communicate effectively with team and stakeholders
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Understanding of skills fundamental to quality assurance and test
- Assess and escalate when you are stuck on a task
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
- Test management tool experience
- Basic understanding in 1 or more programming languages
- Basic understanding of unix shell environment
- Beginner in writing automation scripts
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Lauren helps customers capitalize on SendGrid capabilities by answering inquiries, introducing new products, and streamlining the overall customer experience—encouraging implementation of new strategies.
Back to top