Associate Product Designer
SendGrid is looking for a passionate, talented product designer to join our User Experience team. SendGrid’s UX and design culture is pretty special. From the executive-level down, SendGrid firmly believes that great user experiences will be a long-term differentiator. We conduct hundreds of customer interviews a year, maintain a state-of-the-art style guide, and have NPS as one of our top four company metrics. In addition, you won’t be handed requirements here. You’ll work in close collaboration with other designers, product management, and engineering to understand and solve real customer problems through first-hand customer conversations and tests.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble.
- Participate in a rigorous, customer-informed process to identify and prioritize customer problems and rapidly validate solutions concepts.
- Be an extremely vocal advocate for the SendGrid Customer through all stages of design and development.
- Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to make sure your designs are not only solving a true customer problem but also doing it really well.
- Create lo-fi flow diagrams and wireframes to quickly prototype and test ideas.
- Develop test plans, moderate customer research sessions, and synthesize findings.
- Design detailed, pixel-perfect product user interfaces using Sketch.
- Follow and advance SendGrid's design principles, brand, and styleguide.
- Work closely with our Engineers to make sure we are creating the highest quality experiences that can be implemented successfully.
- You have 2+ years working in UX role, designing for SaaS software products.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, ideally in HCI, Human Factors, Information Management, Design, Psychology, or Anthropology.
- You are passionate about working with and deeply understanding customers; you are excited about proactively reaching out to customers, conducting interviews, and synthesizing feedback.
- You have a portfolio showcasing various stages of modern interactive design, ranging from sketches to low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes (send us your Dribbble account too if you can).
- You feel at home with design tools such as Sketch and InVision. You might even dabble in HTML/CSS.
- You have incredibly strong attention to detail.
- You can communicate your research findings and design concepts concisely and clearly.
- You have an insatiable desire to learn and grow your skills.
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top