Associate Product Designer
This program is for students who will be graduating in Spring of 2019.
SendGrid is looking for a passionate, talented product designer to join our Grad to Gridder Bootcamp. At the end of the program, you’ll join the User Experience team as an Associate Product Designer. We understand that entering into the professional world can be daunting and choosing the right company that will appreciate your talents and also push you to even greater levels of performance is key to your long term success. SendGrid is a place where you will enjoy that opportunity in a values based, 4H culture. This is a program that is looking for truly distinctive talent that, if successful, will be part of our future leadership pipeline. If selected for our program, you’ll go through an in-depth three-month onboarding with fellow recent graduates. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a cohort of smart, talented individuals across our organization and immediately immerse yourself in learning our business and solving challenging problems. You’ll receive mentorship, advice, and guidance from our senior leaders. We provide you with a full time job, free lunch every day, and many more perks!
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble.
- Participate in a rigorous, customer-informed process to identify and prioritize customer problems and rapidly validate solutions concepts.
- Be an extremely vocal advocate for the SendGrid Customer through all stages of design and development.
- Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to make sure your designs are not only solving a true customer problem but also doing it really well.
- Collaboratively create lo-fi flow diagrams and wireframes to quickly prototype and test ideas.
- Develop test plans, moderate customer research sessions, and synthesize findings.
- Design detailed, pixel-perfect product user interfaces using Sketch.
- Follow and advance SendGrid's design principles, brand, and styleguide.
- Work closely with our Engineers to make sure we are creating the highest quality experiences that can be implemented successfully.
- You are currently enrolled as a student in your senior year or in a graduate program with plans to graduate in the Spring of 2019, ideally in HCI, Human Factors, Information Management, Design, Psychology, or Anthropology or have taken coursework in design.
- You have distinguished yourself among your classmates as a top performer. You love applied learning in a fast-paced environment and are always interested in learning more.
- You are passionate about working with and deeply understanding customers; you are excited about proactively reaching out to customers, conducting interviews, and synthesizing feedback.
- You’re hungry yet humble and realize you don’t have all the answers and look to others for guidance, mentorship, and support.
- You have a portfolio showcasing various stages of modern interactive design, ranging from sketches to low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes (send us your Dribbble account too if you can).
- You feel at home with design tools such as Sketch and InVision. You might even dabble in HTML/CSS.
- You have incredibly strong attention to detail.
- You’re a problem solver and a critical thinker who is interested in making a difference to your team, our organization, and the world around you.
- You can communicate your research findings and design concepts concisely and clearly.
- You have an insatiable desire to learn and grow your skills.
Back to top