Paid Search Intern
- Overland Park, KS
The goal of the SelectQuote internship program is to provide an opportunity to develop industry-related knowledge, and enhance skills that are transferable to any type of professional setting. No matter what your skills and professional experience, a SelectQuote internship is a chance to develop them even further. For this reason along with the day to day intern duties SelectQuote interns will work together on a multitude of special projects, community events, and fun activities throughout the duration of the internship program. The balance of the day-to-day work along with diverse projects, and community involvement will provide our interns with a well rounded learning experience that will enhance their overall professional development.
This individual is hungry to learn, highly adaptable, and motivated to succeed. Our Paid Search Intern will work directly with the Search Engine Marketing team, gaining hands-on experience through a variety of projects. They will learn how to build large scale advertising campaigns on Google and Bing using keyword research, ad creation and targeting. They will learn how to optimize paid media accounts, combining advertising data with SelectQuote back-end data, and make data-driven recommendations. This individual should be hungry to learn, adaptable, detail oriented, and highly motivated.
- Working across all SelectQuote divisions
- Daily budget and performance reporting
- Deep-dive research into profitability drivers
- Investigate audience characteristics and how those translate to success
- Work with paid search team on recommendations based on reporting and data analysis
- Perform keyword analysis with market-leading research tools
- Write and test new ad copy, learning and adhering to Google and Bing best practices
- Attend cross-division meetings with the paid search team, key internal stakeholders, and dedicated resources at Google and Bing
What You Need to be Successful:
- Possess a positive outlook and friendly attitude.
- Ability to receive coaching and a desire to enhance learning.
- Has a self-starter attitude with a high level of motivation.
- Ability to adapt and use new technologies in the workplace.
- High level of attention to detail while providing accurate data aligned with departmental standards.
- Availability from May 2021 until August 2021.
- Currently enrolled in Junior or Senior year of college/university
- Degree focused in marketing or related field
- Ability to work in our Overland Park, KS office for the duration of the internship.
Back to top