IT Systems Administrator
We are seeking a motivated and talented IT professional to operate and maintain a fleet of about 85 Mac workstations in an entrepreneurial environment. Day-to-day operations for the Mac-IT Administrator will include testing and deploying software and patches, provisioning of new users, monitoring of fleet health, authoring of documentation, and user support.
In addition to daily operations, his person will have the opportunity to help develop, document, and improve the processes and tools through which the fleet is managed. An attention to detail and holistic view of the organization will guide the research and testing of new solutions and tools to align with business goals in an entrepreneurial setting. A special emphasis is placed on solutions that utilize automation and are scalable and flexible in design.
While experience with tools such as Munki, AutoPkg, Centrify, and Deploystudio is a plus, the position is also accessible to a candidate with the relevant Linux/UNIX administration experience that is willing to learn.
Beyond technical skills, the ideal candidate will be adept at creative and fluid problem solving to meet the needs of a creative and fluid business. An attention to detail and curious attitude will help is critical to see the big picture and understand IT as a service and an influencing force within the business.
• Deploy, license, and patch desktop software across the workstation fleet.
• Maintenance of user accounts and permissions through Active Directory and Centrify.
• Track, resolve, and escalate user Helpdesk requests through a ticketing system.
• IT asset lifecycle tasks including purchasing and e-waste management.
• Provide and monitoring and reporting tools to allow manager insight into the health of the workstation environment.
• Image, deploy, and recover user workstations. Provision and maintain user accounts across various systems and services.
• Authoring of usage documentation for end users in a knowledgebase.
• BS in Information Technology or Computer Science
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent command line skills including BASH, Python, or PHP scripting proficiency
• Some exposure to Windows Administration including Active Directory/LDAP and SMB sharing
• Basic understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting
• Helpdesk or Customer Service experience is a plus
• Practical or classroom experience in Change Management and/or Organizational Behavior is a plus
• Experience with Mac software packaging is a plus
• Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
This is a salaried position. Compensation will be dependent on the candidate’s level of experience. Beneﬁts include medical and dental, 401k with proﬁt sharing, ski and ride discount passes, and an exceptional work environment.
Meet Some of Select's Employees
Andrew works on a variety of projects for a multitude of different brands, involving point-of-sale, logo, and branding work, as well as extensive illustration design.
Back to top