Managing Principal (NYC)
Systems Evolution, Inc. (SEI) is looking for a Managing Principal for our New York office. The Managing Principal will partner with the Managing Director in driving the overall cultural and financial health of the office by driving and developing long-term employee and client relationships in the local market. The ideal candidate will have extensive business development/sales experience in the information technology consulting arena. The Managing Principal will partner with the Managing Director of the New York office to lead the local office.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with consulting leadership experience to build a successful practice in an environment free of the hierarchy and bureaucracy of traditional consulting. The Managing Principal will embrace a servant leadership model, and foster a collaborative and participative work environment. He/she will be responsible for leveraging the collective value of SEI’s business model and service offering, while enjoying the flexibility and autonomy of a local boutique provider.
In return, the successful candidate will enjoy an environment where they are not constrained by short term, arbitrary financial results. They will work with, and through, a very high-quality team whose incentives are similarly aligned. The Managing Principal will drive mentorship, accountability, and measurement of solution selling activities.
In addition to relevant work experience and strong business acumen, we are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following professional skills:
- Extensive, recent experience developing business relationships with key decision makers of local Fortune 1000 and above companies in the New York area
- Ability to understand and communicate SEI’s vision, strategy, services, and value proposition to all stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills with professional staff, senior level executives and the community
- Proactive approach to serving professionals at all levels in a client-oriented environment
- Ability to embrace our core values and possess the decisiveness and determination to protect those core values
- Recognized as a valued trusted advisor in relationships with clients, colleagues, vendors, and other industry professionals
- Extensive experience mentoring others and establishing career development milestones
- Excellent management and leadership skills, with an ability to manage conflict and influence and engage others in a fast-paced environment
- 10+ years of hands-on consulting and sales experience in management consulting, advisory, and/or professional services
- Extensive client account and project management experience with demonstrated ability to plan and manage the execution of complex client engagements
- Demonstrated track record of successful ability to sell solution-based engagements
- Strong network of senior-level business decision makers within the Atlanta market who can be leveraged for new account sales and existing account growth
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and guide other team members in solution-based selling
- Experience evaluating market demand and implementing and running new sales channels
- Proposal development experience including the ability to effectively sell business solutions to clients
- Extensive experience managing people with the ability to exercise sound judgement, confidentiality and discretion.
- Authorization for permanent employment in the United States (this position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship)
About Systems Evolution, Inc.:
Systems Evolution was founded in 1992 and has grown steadily through a turbulent period of time for the information technology industry. Our steady growth is the result of our steadfast commitment to values, vision, culture and thought leadership as a differentiator in a crowded and competitive marketplace.
We enjoy a challenging and collaborative environment amongst a team of outstanding colleagues. We operate with a participative management style that shares ownership and employs full open-book management and fosters an empowered workforce. We operate as locally focused “boutique” consultants, but we benefit from the infrastructure, shared services, and shared intellectual capital of a national organization.
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Stock Ownership, Bonus
Systems Evolution, Inc. offers a unique culture and exciting career opportunities. To learn more about our organization, visit us at www.sei.com
Back to top