iOS Software Engineer
At Seesaw, our mission is to create an environment where students can be their best. Our iOS apps deliver on that mission by improving the learning experience in hundreds of thousands of classrooms worldwide. Students use the app to document their learning with photos, videos, and countless creative tools. Family members are notified instantly when their child creates new work. And teachers get all the tools they need to set up classroom activities, organize student work, and communicate with everyone involved in the learning process.
We’re hiring experienced iOS engineers to build exciting new features, influence our technical roadmap, and support the rapidly growing community of students, teachers, and family members who love Seesaw (1 in 2 schools in the US already use our products!). Every engineer on our small team has an opportunity to take ownership of projects from concept to production — from a whiteboard to a classroom. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience building popular, world-class iOS apps.
- Deliver new features in our award-winning classroom and family apps.
- Be involved in the design, development, testing, and deployment of every project you take on.
- Learn our backend stack and write endpoints in Python to support frontend features.
- Work with the team to build a strong technical roadmap and engineering culture.
- Experience shipping an iOS app at scale.
- 3+ years of work experience developing native mobile apps.
- Strong knowledge of iOS SDKs and best practices.
- Understanding and appreciation for good mobile UI/UX design practices.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Some knowledge of Python and backend technologies preferred.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
A Little About Us
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
- We prioritize work-life balance.
- We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously.
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, free lunch, wellness stipend, donation match, company happy hours, and offsites.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Back to top