Full-Stack Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Seesaw is a rapidly growing, revenue-generating edtech company being used in 1 in 2 schools in the US and in over 150 countries worldwide. We are looking for a full-stack engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be expected to take ownership of developing features for Seesaw's classroom, family, and schools apps from concept to production. The ideal candidate will be comfortable trying new ideas, working across technologies, analyzing data, and driving towards goals without detailed directions.
- Work closely with the product, design, and engineering teams in the design, development, testing, and deployment of projects that touch students, teachers, parents, and school administrators
- Collaborate with QA to improve the quality of the code we ship by actively helping develop test cases and automated tests
- Work with the engineering team to build a strong technical roadmap and engineering culture
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of hands on experience in a full-stack role where you’ve built out features on both the front- and back-end
- Demonstrated ability to think holistically beyond technical requirements
- Strong analytical skills, strong product sense, and ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience with web technologies (HTML5, SASS, CSS, Angular) and Python. Strong command of other modern web languages and frameworks is okay too.
- Experience developing and working with REST API services
- Direct experience designing, building, and managing software at scale (a web service or app with millions of users)
Nice to Have
- Familiarity working with Amazon Web Services
- Prior experience with ElasticSearch
A Little About Us
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
- We prioritize work-life balance. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously.
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, free lunch, wellness stipend, donation match, company happy hours, and offsites.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
Back to top