- Design, develop and maintain key features on our platform developed in Python running in AWS.
- Be a key contributor to how Seesaw thinks about designing and scaling our backend systems. This would include but not be limited to: load testing, security, monitoring and observability.
- Automate server deployments and life cycle management using infrastructure as code principles.
- Work with the team to think about how we improve developer productivity and deliverability by improving our internal tooling that would include build tools, continuous integration systems and feature flags.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of working experience in a similar role where you have demonstrated ownership and follow through of multiple projects.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP stack, and REST principles.
- Prior experience working with Docker and AWS services (EC2, S3, Dynamo, ElasticSearch, Cloudfront).
- Hands on experience working on a product with millions of active users, specifically understanding caching techniques, message queues, asynchronous programming.
- Prior Python experience a plus.
A little about us
- If you'd like to get a feel for our office, and hear from some of our team about why we work here, please check out www.themuse.com/profiles/seesaw.
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
- We prioritize work-life balance.
- We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously.
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, wellness stipend, donation match, company happy hours and offsites.
Meet Some of Seesaw's Employees
Adrian handles a variety of leadership responsibilities within Seesaw, with much of his time spent overseeing new product development, engineering efforts, and the company’s overall workplace culture.
Back to top