Senior Software Engineer
- Austin, TX
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Austin, TX (Hybrid in-office/work-from-home schedule)
Lowering the Cost of Health Care. Together.
Sedera’s vision is to create a new normal in healthcare. We are disrupting the healthcare insurance industry through a peer-to-peer medical cost sharing platform that offers a community-based approach for managing large health care costs. Sedera Members are active and engaged participants in their health care decision making, dedicated to a healthy lifestyle, and united by shared values. By removing insurance from the system, Members can experience affordable and direct access to quality care.
Every Sedera Team Member is Driven by a Commitment to Live out These Values:
- Solution Shapers - We develop sound and creative solutions, with both the present and future in mind.
- Health Champions - We promote the end customer being in charge of their own health.
- Community Builders - We demonstrate excellence and effective execution every day.
- Status Quo Challengers - We embrace uniqueness, continuous change, and evolution toward a better way forward.
- Rooted in Love - We treat people with honor, respect, and love; supporting their personal and professional growth.
Does this sound like you?
- Enthusiastic work ethic
- Love of technology
- Dedication to details
- Love learning new concepts and personal challenges; curious by nature; inquisitive
- Confident communicator; comfortable working with all areas of an organization
- Empathy for people and a desire to help others grow
- Able to understand complex concepts and explain them in simple terms
- Driven to constantly improve
Sedera’s dream team member:
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer candidate is looking for a role in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where they can help to build and lead a high performance team. You are motivated by challenges and love to see innovative ideas transform through technology into tangible, finished products. Your experience in software engineering will prove vital as you build solutions for our members, partners, and internal tem. You resonate with the mission of Sedera and ultimately believe your work is about helping solve larger problems in the wider community.
What you’ll do:
A Senior Software Engineer at Sedera will build new technical solutions to improve the overall software capabilities of Sedera both internally and externally. You will build products and services for Sedera customers, members, partners, and internal users. You will work across all tiers leveraging Service-Oriented Architecture, progressive web applications, mobile applications, user experience, analytics and integrations. And you will collaborate closely with the product team to create innovative applications to help drive business growth and user engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of industry experience in software development with Java, C#, Python, or other object oriented language
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of API design and best practices
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps
- Ability to partner with engineers, project managers, and customers
- Experience taking a leading role in engineering complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills and influencing them in best practices
- Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and think abstractly
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
What We Will Include
A fun place to work - Sedera is a back-to-back-to-back winner of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" award from 2019-2021 - and a great team to be part of, competitive salary and end-of-year bonus, paid Sedera membership, Dental and Vision, 401(k) with company matching, monthly cell phone stipend, unlimited PTO, free gym membership, and other optional benefits.
Come As "You"
Come as you are, and come with a commitment to be Rooted In Love. We welcome anyone to join the Sedera team regardless of race or color, sex or sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin or familial status, age, disability, religious beliefs, or any other attributes that make you "you." We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice or harassment, or anything else that negates our underlying values.
Job Type: Full-time, Salaried.
Back to top