Unit Based Clinical Quality Leader: Surgical Unit
- Seattle, WA
Responsible for ensuring safe, high quality evidence-based nursing care is provided to assigned patient population. This includes but is not limited to leading projects to improve the delivery of care to patients, by both developing the skills of the nursing staff and ensuring the standards of nursing practice are based on evidence. Provides education, program development, and consultation services to promote the standards of nursing practice. Works collaboratively with the leadership team and other health care professionals in the development of nursing practice outcomes. Collaborates with leadership through continuous process improvement(CPI) and supports program development and organizational mission and goals.
This is a transition role and as a condition of employment incumbent(s) are required to obtain a certification as Clinical Nurse Specialists within 4 years of starting in the position and then subsequently move into the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) position at this that time.
- Registered Nurse, Masters degree or a BSN and actively enrolled in a graduate program that leads to certification as a CNS within the defined timeframe.
- Clinical background working with patients on assigned units.
- Experience and understanding of community resources and pediatric tertiary care centers.
- Obtaining certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist within 4 years is a condition of employment.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical education program development and continuous quality improvement processes.
Back to top