What you will do: Perform cardiac ultrasound examinations. Provide assistance to the physicians in the operating room, ICU, and Catheterization lab with trans-esophageal studies.
About us: Seattle Children's does a huge volume of echocardiograms on babies and children - more than 1,000 every month. Along with our partners at the University of Washington, we have access to the latest research on this important technology. In addition to our routine pediatric echocardiograms, we provide a number of specialized services, including:
- Fetal echocardiogram
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE), performed during virtually all heart surgeries, and occasionally for other surgical specialties
- Echocardiography in our regional clinics (Montana, Alaska, Tacoma, Central WA, Tri-Cities)
- Employee Centric: Rated #10 on Forbes Best Employer list
- Clinical Expertise: We have 17 sonographers registered in pediatrics the most in the region. Dr. Brian Soriano, director of the Echocardiography Laboratory, is a world-recognized pediatric cardiologist specializing in echocardiography
- Leader in Pediatric care: Seattle Children's Heart Center is one of the best pediatric cardiology programs in the United States, and the top-ranked program in the Northwest, according to U.S. News & World Report
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values and heritage
Required Education/Experience: - High school graduate or equivalent. - Completion of and graduation from a formal AMA approved ultrasound technology program. (AMA is the approver of CAAHEP accreditation; please refer to CAAHEP site to view complete listing of accredited programs). Required Credentials: - American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) credentialed; or able to obtain within 12 months of employment. - BLS for Healthcare Providers. Preferred: - Pediatric experience.
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top