What you will do: Perform pediatric cardiac ultrasound examinations in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. Provide assistance to the physicians in the operating room, ICU, and Catheterization lab with trans-esophageal studies.
About us: Seattle Children's does a high volume of echocardiograms on babies and children - more than 1,000 every month. Along with our partners at the University of Washington, we have access to the latest research on this important technology. In addition to our routine pediatric echocardiograms, we provide a number of specialized services, including:
- Fetal echocardiogram
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE), performed during virtually all heart surgeries, and occasionally for other surgical specialties
- Cath lab intra-cardiac echo (ICE)
- Echocardiography in our regional clinics (Montana, Alaska, Tacoma, Central WA, Tri-Cities)
- 3D imagining
- Employee Centric: Rated #10 on Forbes Best Employer list
- Clinical Expertise: We have over 20 sonographers registered in pediatrics the most in the region.Seattle Children's Heart Center is one of the best pediatric cardiology programs in the United States, and the top-ranked program in the Northwest, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values and heritage
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of and graduation from a formal AMA approved ultrasound technology program, or equivalent experience. (AMA is the approver of CAAHEP accreditation; please refer to CAAHEP site to view complete listing of accredited programs).
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) credentialed; or able to obtain within 12 months of employment.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- Pediatric experience.
See Inside the Office of Seattle Children's
United by the mission to provide hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible, Seattle Children’s has been helping prevent, treat, and eliminate pediatric disease for over 100 years. Through compassionate care and breakthrough research, the hospital creates better futures for its patients and families every day.
Back to top