Supervise and coordinate the daily activities of Medical Editor/Transcriptionists and Lead Medical Editor/Transcriptionist, overseeing work performed, creating/maintaining regular and holiday work schedules, and managing requests for time off. Responsible for coordinating and maintaining on-going quality improvement processes for Transcription Services; ensures accuracy and completeness of medical/surgical reports; provides training, education and general problem-solving for assigned staff in order to accurately complete or correct reports.
- Associate's Degree or two (2) years of college coursework
- Minimum of three (3) years as a medical transcriptionist in a multi-specialty inpatient environment
- Experience working with dictation, voice recognition and transcription information systems
Required Credentials: N/A
- Completion of Medical Transcription training program at a Community College
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Voice recognition editing and transcription experience
- Pediatric transcription experience
- Teaching hospital experience
- Outpatient clinic experience
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top