Sr. Systems Engineer: Sr. Hadoop and Cloud Admin
Provide Children’s Hospital the highest practicable levels of performance and availability of server systems at all of the organization’s sites. Maintain server hardware and software though various levels of monitoring and updating to provide essential 24x7 operation and performance. Collaborate with application owners in an effort to provide best server performance and availability. Administer, maintain and update servers to provide optimal performance and availability. Work collaboratively with other departments and support technicians to provide the best service possible.
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Ganglia, Nagios, Cloudera Manager Enterprise, Dell Open Manage and other tools
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files
- File system management and monitoring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field OR equivalent combination of technical IT training, college coursework and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years experience administering server technologies
- 6+ years of professional experience in Software Development and Requirement Analysis in Agile work environment with strong emphasis on Big Data, Hadoop ecosystem related Technologies.
- Experience in dealing with Apache Hadoop components like HDFS, Spark, Storm, Ambari, MapReduce, HiveQL, HBase, Pig, Sqoop, Ozzie, Mahout, Python, Cassendra, MongoDB, Big Data and Big Data Analytics.
- Strong experience on Apache Spark, Scala and Hadoop Map Reduce programming, PIG Scripting and Distributed Application and HDFS.
- Strong experience in Scala, J2EE Architecture, Use Case analysis and UML skills in building highly sophisticated systems.
- Familiar with Java virtual machine (JVM) and multi-threaded processing.
- Very good experience in complete project life cycle (design, development, testing and implementation) of Client Server and Web applications.
- Extensive experience using Hive to query Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, PL/SQL and My SQL databases.
- Hands on experience in application development using Java, RDBMS, and UNIX shell scripting.
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top