Sr. Healthcare Recruiter
Seattle Children’s is united by a compelling mission: We provide hope, care and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible.
Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research and serve as the pediatric and adolescent academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2017, U.S. News & World Report ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation’s best children’s hospitals – for the 25th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report. Seattle Children’s is one of just six hospitals nationwide to have all 10 programs ranked in the top 20.
We are a mission driven community, passionate about improving the lives of children. No matter what role you are in, everyone in the organization has an impact on this. Are you ready to come to work every day with a bigger purpose in mind while showing you are a functional expert as a Sr. Healthcare Recruiter?
What you will do: Provide leaders with advice, counsel and planning to ensure the timely and effective recruiting of qualified applicants required to meet the organization’s recruiting goals.
- Assessment and Interviewing: Screen applicants using established tools and processes according to position requirements and hiring manager/departmental needs. Conduct thorough interviews with candidates as needed
- Seattle Children’s Knowledge: Provide candidates with relevant information about employment at Seattle Children’s including position details, Children’s strategic plans/goals, employee benefits, union requirements, and other applicable position details during application, assessment and selection process
- Sourcing: Research, analyze and select recruitment media to best meet hiring needs. Actively source candidates from resume banks, association/organization lists, niche websites, etc. Utilize innovative candidate search skills to generate candidates for difficult-to-fill positions.
- Customer Department Knowledge: Maintain effective working relationships with hiring managers. Coach hiring managers throughout recruitment and selection process in regards to applicable policies, laws, practices, guidelines, functionality of Applicant Tracking System and recruiting tools/resources
- Process Management and Process Improvement: Contribute to continuous performance improvement of recruitment related processes and activities.
- Recruitment Planning: Collaborate with clients and HR team (HR Consultants, Compensation, Workforce Planning, etc.) on recruiting related issues such as department expansion/reduction, reorganization, redeployment and new leader assimilation, to assist, define and anticipate hiring needs.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds and thoughts because this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Each of us is respectfully encouraged to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes diversity and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children's aims to have a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We believe we give our patients better care by having staff whose beliefs, attitudes and life experiences reflect those of our patient families.
- Four-year degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive recruitment experience
- Ability to influence using data and insights
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen – the ability to understand an organization's business model, operations, financials and competitors
- Strong sourcing skills, ability to assess talent and understand best fit within an organization
- Executive presence, ability to communicate effectively with leaders within an organization
- Able to work well independently but seamlessly with a team as well
- Results focused, team player, ability to “get things done”
See Inside the Office of Seattle Children's
United by the mission to provide hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible, Seattle Children’s has been helping prevent, treat, and eliminate pediatric disease for over 100 years. Through compassionate care and breakthrough research, the hospital creates better futures for its patients and families every day.
Back to top