We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Biostatistician to join Seattle Children's Research Institute!
What You Will Do:
Work independently consulting, designing, coordinating and performing statistical analyses. Coordinate and direct data-oriented projects. Participate as Senior Statistician on clinical studies and/or methodological research which includes: study design and protocol development; senior statistical oversight throughout the course of the study; and preparation of methods sections for grant submissions and manuscripts. Provide mentoring and guidance to junior biostatisticians. Consult with investigators and sponsor to independently design studies and develop statistical analysis plans. More specifically, meet one-on-one with the investigators to gain background on the study and the research questions and help to design optimal studies, refine the research questions, and formulate the corresponding hypotheses.
Seattle Children’s Employer Highlights
• Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
• Employee Centric: Rated #10 on Forbes Best Employer list
• Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
• Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage
- Masters degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Public Health or related field.
- Minimum of nine (9) years related experience or PhD in Statistics or Biostatistics with seven (7) years related experience
- Clinical study related experience.
- Experience working on a wide variety of collaborative research projects in medicine or public health.
- Statistical Project Management experience.
- Statistical computing experience using Splus, R, SAS and/or Stata.
- Statistical computing experience including the development of new statistical programs and software.
- Experience as a statistical project or study team leader.
- Consulting experience in statistical design or clinical trials.
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top