Research Scientist I-GMP
- Seattle, WA
Here at Seattle Children's we are united by a compelling mission: We provide hope, care and cures to help every child to live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Seattle Children's Research Institute is among the top 5 in National Institutes of Health funding - a sign that our physician-scientists are leaders in research that improves the outlook for children with a wide range of conditions.
Join our incredible TCPC team and have an amazing impact on the Seattle Children's mission! The GMP Research Scientist will operate in one of only a very few pediatric-dedicated facilities in the U.S. that meet the FDA's strict Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements for manufacturing therapeutic cell products. You’ll be Responsible for operating cutting edge standardized scientific procedures and techniques in a highly regulated environment (GMP compliant) for clinical research applications; contributes to the planning, design, execution and interpretation of process optimization experiments (process development and/or assay development); makes detailed observations, records data, as well as assesses the processes and results for reliability/efficacy/compliance. Assists in preparation of reports, regulatory submissions, and the drafting of standard operating procedures for novel techniques; may participate in the guidance/mentoring of junior staff. Want to know more about the TCPC team? Check out their webpage!
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights
- Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children's is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care. • Employee Centric: Rated #10 on Forbes Best Employer list • Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings. • Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools. • Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- Prior experience in a laboratory setting; may include relevant educational programs.
- Master’s Degree in applicable field/research specialty highly preferred.
- Significant experience conducting research in area of specialization.
- Some experience with laboratory management.
Back to top