Research Scientist I - EX
This is a unique position that requires significant individual initiative and motivation to learn and understand the scientific methods utilized in the lab. It requires the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues. The Research Scientist will conduct independent and collaborative research related to the overall mission of the laboratory. The work in the lab has a direct connection to the diagnosis and treatment of patients with rare disorders of the immune system. The position requires attention to detail, consistency and accuracy in scientific technique, and excellent record keeping. This is an ideal position for those considering graduate school in a related field or medical school in the near future (up to two years).
Responsibilities include acquiring an in-depth understanding of the field in which they are working, accurately logging samples that arrive in the lab, communicating with the PI and colleagues to plan appropriate studies, developing and refining technical skills required to independently carry out the required laboratory studies including execution, trouble-shooting, and interpretation of experiments with reporting of results back to PI. The Research Scientist will create a plan for day-to-day activities and keep accurate records of experimental details and results related to assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, microbiology, immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or a related field.
- Prior experience in a laboratory setting.
- Research experience in one or more of the fields of immunology, biochemistry, cell biology, or molecular biology.
- Hands on experience with tissue culture techniques and flow cytometry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top