Registered Nurse: PICU 0.9 FTE + call Night shift
As an integral member of the Health Care Team, the RN functions within the Scope of Practice as defined by the State, the ANA Scope and Standards for Pediatric Nursing Practice, and adheres to Seattle Children’s policies/procedures and guidelines of care. Responsible for providing safe, family centered patient care. Using the Nursing Care Process, the RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in a collaborative method with the patient and patient’s family, significant others, and members of the health care team. May be required to provide supervision and delegation of tasks to Nurse Technicians, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Medical Assistants, and others as defined by the State Administrative Code. Assists in meeting Seattle Children’s strategic goals by incorporating the initiatives to support the strategic plans into the daily work, i.e. Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI), ART, etc.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN experience working in a Pediatric ICU, Pediatric is preferred. However, we will consider RNs with 2 years of adult ICU experience, adult medical surgical experience and or RN experience working with a pediatric population in a hospital setting.
- Current Washington State RN License or ability to obtain before start date.
- At time of hire: Current Basic Life Support CPR for Healthcare Providers, or Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be required within the first 90 days after hire.
- As per the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), for all ICU RN's performing moderately complex point of care testing, a copy of a diploma or transcript of the highest level of academic achievement to be on record with Human Resources upon hire.
- All Staff RN positions in the Critical Care Division (PICU, CICU, NICU and CCFP) require on-call hours. The amount and frequent of call hours may vary depending on department.
- Current PICU, CICU and or NICU experience preferred
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top