Registered Nurse: Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: 0.9 FTE +call Nights & Day/Night rotate
- Seattle, WA
Hope is in Your Hands
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a first-class teaching, research and specialty care center dedicated to providing hope for the many children we are privileged to serve. As an Intensive Care Unit Nurse, you will experience a compassionate, inclusive environment where you can grow your career and learn something new every day. We are one of the Northwest's only pediatric hospitals to be awarded a Magnet designation and one of the Top 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker's Hospital Review. Join us in making miracles happen every single day.
Who Are We?
- Our 38-bed PICU receives the highest acuity patients from all over Washington State, Alaska, Montana and Idaho
- Nurses collaborate with more than 14 different medical & surgical specialty services including Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Solid organ transplant and Hematology/Oncology.
- The first Pediatric ICU in a five-state region to receive the prestigious Beacon Award of Excellence
- Nationally recognized ELSO Program for children who need life-sustaining heart & lung support
Making Miracles a Reality
Since 1907, we have remained committed to our mission to provide hope, care and cures to the children we treat, so they can live their healthiest and most fulfilled lives. Ranked one of the best children's hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, we aspire to be global leaders in pediatric care. Through evidence-based practice, groundbreaking research and cutting-edge treatments, we are proud to be the preeminent referral choice for children's care throughout our region.
- Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Assistance for experienced PICU Nurses
- Competitive Salaries
- Individualized orientation and training plans based on a comprehensive assessment of your existing skills and knowledge
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Insurance Plans
- Employee Health & Wellness Clinic
- Eligibility for our Tuition Reimbursement & Continuing Education
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Retirement Savings
Interested in becoming an ICU Nurse at Seattle Children's?
We offer sign-on and relocation bonuses for nurses with current PICU or CICU experience. If you'd like to become an ICU Nurse at Seattle Children's and you have 2 years of adult/pediatric/neonatal hospital experience, we offer specialty training programs and orientation in all our ICU areas.
As an equal opportunity employer, it is our policy not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
What Are We Looking for?
- Nurses who share our passion for family-centered care and practice at the top of their profession
- Current Washington State RN License
- RN experience in a Pediatric ICU, Pediatric CICU or NICU setting is preferred
- We will consider RNs with 2 years of adult ICU or medical surgical experience
- Also consider RNs with hospital or home health care experience working with pediatric or infant populations
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR for Healthcare Providers
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within the first 90 days of hire
Back to top