Registered Nurse PACU .875 D/E
- Seattle, WA
PACU is a mix of critical care (Perianesthesia) and acute care (Ambulant surgical) nursing. This area is fast paced and high volume, with around half of all surgeries and procedures undertaken admitted and discharged from within the service on the same day.
This position is suited to an applicant who enjoys continuous patient and family interaction and thrives in clinically demanding environments.
Perioperative Services at Seattle Children’s Hospital consists of 14 OR suites, 25 Anesthesia locations, 3 Ambulant Surgical zones, Phase 1 PACU , and a pre-anesthesia services. We provide care to newborns-adults in the following services: Cardiovascular, Neurosurgery, Robotics, Plastics, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Urology, General Surgery, Gynecology, Dental/Oral, Orthopedics including Complex Spine, Transplant, Dermatology and Ortho-oncology. Hours of operations in the OR is as follows: elective cases are scheduled Monday-Friday, urgent/emergent cases and transplants run 24 hours a day/7 days a week. There are required, scheduled weekend shift rotations and on-call expectations (shifts vary).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a tertiary hospital setting
- Active Washington State RN license.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current BLS (American Heart Association Health Care Provider, American Safety and Health Institution Professional Level or American AED/CPR Association - Professional Rescuer) and ability to perform CPR are required.
- Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) is mandatory within 90 days of hire and must be maintained as current thereafter.
- At least 2 years in pediatric PACU/perianesthesia experience in a tertiary setting
- Ambulant surgical experience
- Specialty certification - CPAN
- Combination of Acute and Critical Care experience desirable
- Nursing Bachelor’s Degree -- BSN
Back to top