Registered Nurse: FLEX Surgical Unit- .9 12H N
As an integral member of the Health Care Team, the RN functions within the Scope of Practice as defined by the State, the ANA Scope and Standards for Pediatric Nursing Practice, and adheres to Seattle Children's policies/procedures and guidelines of care. Responsible for providing safe, family centered patient care. Using the Nursing Care Process, the RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in a collaborative method with the patient and patient's family, significant others, and members of the health care team. May be required to provide supervision and delegation of tasks to Nurse Technicians, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Medical Assistants, and others as defined by the State Administrative Code. Assists in meeting Seattle Children's strategic goals by incorporating the initiatives to support the strategic plans into the daily work, i.e. Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI), ART, etc.
every other weekend- FLEX
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Prior experience in a pediatric related health care setting, or a specific area of nursing, may be required for specific departments.
- Must have one year experience as an RN
- previous pediatric surgical nursing preferred
- At time of hire: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- As a condition of employment: Current BLS for Health Care Providers is to be maintained at all times by all nurses unless specifically noted below. Note: current PALS and/or PEARS will be accepted in lieu of BLS, and must be maintained as current at all times. Employees are responsible for any costs (including time away from work) associated with obtaining PALS or PEARS certification if it is not a requirement of the position. (ACLS will not be accepted as a substitute to the requirements listed above.)
- Obtain PEARS certification within 6 months of hire and/or certified at hire
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top