Registered Nurse: Emergency Dept: 36 hours per week + call; Night shift 7pm-7am
- Seattle, WA
Hope is in Your Hands
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a first-class teaching, research and specialty care center dedicated to providing hope for the many children we are privileged to serve. As an Emergency Department RN, you will experience a compassionate, inclusive environment where you can grow your career and learn something new every day. We are one of the Northwest’s only pediatric hospitals to be awarded a Magnet designation and one of the Top 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review. Join us in making miracles happen every single day.
Who Are We?
- Our 38 exam rooms have been expanded in size and are arranged around central work stations to enhance staff visibility, teamwork and communication.
- A new process model dubbed The Dance will bring the entire primary care team all together at one time to ensure everyone is on the same page and enable care to move forward without delay based on a coordinated plan.
- Nurses collaborate with more than 30 pediatric specialties and to full and rapid access of facilities of our hospital including the operating rooms, MRI, CT scan, X-rays and other advanced diagnostic techniques.
- Our Emergency Department was awarded the Emergency Nurse’s Association Lantern Award. For our nurses the Lantern Award is a recognition that exemplifies exceptional nursing practice and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
Making Miracles a Reality
Since 1907, we have remained committed to our mission to provide hope, care and cures to the children we treat, so they can live their healthiest and most fulfilled lives. Ranked one of the best children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, we aspire to be global leaders in pediatric care. Through evidence-based practice, groundbreaking research and cutting-edge treatments, we are proud to be the preeminent referral choice for children's care throughout our region.
- Relocation Bonus available for experienced ED RNs.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Insurance Plans
- Employee Health & Wellness Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement & continuing education
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Day-Care Center
- Retirement Savings
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN experience working in a Pediatric Emergency Department or regular ED is strongly preferred.
- Current Washington State RN License or ability to obtain before start date.
- At time of hire: Current Basic Life Support CPR for Healthcare Providers, or Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be required within the first 90 days after hire.
- As per the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), for all RN's performing moderately complex point of care testing, a copy of a diploma or transcript of the highest level of academic achievement to be on record with Human Resources upon hire.
- Current or recent experience working in a pediatric Emergency Department
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- CEN or CPEN specialty certification is preferred
Back to top