Registered Nurse Cardiac ICU 0.9 FTE+call (Day/Night rotate & Nights)
Hope is in Your Hands
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a first-class teaching, research and specialty care center dedicated to providing hope for the many children we are privileged to serve. As an Intensive Care Unit Nurse, you will experience a compassionate, inclusive environment where you can grow your career and learn something new every day. We are one of the Northwest's only pediatric hospitals to be awarded a Magnet designation and one of the Top 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker's Hospital Review. Join us in making miracles happen every single day.
Who Are We?
- Our 32-bed PICU and 16+ bed CICU receives the highest acuity patients from all over Washington State, Alaska, Montana and Idaho
- Nurses collaborate with more than 14 different medical & surgical specialty services including Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Solid organ transplant and Hematology/Oncology.
- Our PICU and CICU are separate units. Dedicated 16+ bed Cardiac ICU and separate 32 bed Pediatric ICU. Opportunities available for nurses to work in both areas.
- The first Pediatric ICU in a five-state region to receive the prestigious Beacon Award of Excellence
- The only dedicated pediatric CICU in the Northwest to offer advanced cardiac services such as ventricular assist devices (VAD), heart transplantation and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Nationally recognized ELSO Program for children who need life-sustaining heart & lung support
Making Miracles a Reality
Since 1907, we have remained committed to our mission to provide hope, care and cures to the children we treat, so they can live their healthiest and most fulfilled lives. Ranked one of the best children's hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, we aspire to be global leaders in pediatric care. Through evidence-based practice, groundbreaking research and cutting-edge treatments, we are proud to be the preeminent referral choice for children's care throughout our region.
- Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Assistance
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Insurance Plans
- Employee Health & Wellness Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement & continuing education
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Day-Care Center
- Retirement Savings
Interested in becoming an ICU Nurse at Seattle Children's?
We offer sign-on and relocation bonuses for nurses with current PICU or CICU experience. If you'd like to become an ICU Nurse at Seattle Children's and you have 2 years of adult/pediatric/neonatal hospital experience, we offer specialty training programs and orientation in all our ICU areas.
As an equal opportunity employer, it is our policy not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
What Are We Looking for?
- Nurses who share our passion for family-centered care and practice at the top of their profession
- Current Washington State RN License
- RN experience in a Pediatric ICU, Pediatric CICU or NICU setting is preferred
- We will consider RNs with 2 years of adult ICU or medical surgical experience
- Also consider RNs with hospital or home health care experience working with pediatric or infant populations
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR for Healthcare Providers
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within the first 90 days of hire
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top