Registered Nurse- Cancer Care Unit (0.90 FTE, Night)
Great opportunity to join our World-Class Cancer Care Unit!
Our new Cancer Care Unit was designed with patients, families and caregivers in mind. It has 48 beds in private rooms with natural light and innovative design. In addition, there is a dedicated level with 16 private rooms just for adolescents and young adults with cancer. We treat all childhood blood cancers and blood disorders- including rare and complex diseases. Our doctors, nurses and many other team members are experts at working with children and young adults up to age 21 for all conditions and up to age 30 for select diagnoses. We offer a wide range of diagnostic services and treatments available in our specially designed state-of-the-art facility for cancer patients. Because our doctors take part in national and international research studies, and often lead them, we can offer new treatment options.
We offer an extensive unit orientation (8-10 weeks) to help train and support our nurses.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of one (1) year of current RN experience.
- Current Washington State RN License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions and must be maintained at all times.
- Obtain Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) within 6-months of hire.
- Obtain Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider Certification (APHON) within 180 days of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Current inpatient Cancer Care Unit nursing experience.
- Current inpatient pediatric Hem/Onc nursing experience.
- CPON or CPHON certification
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top