Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Provide direct care and assume primary responsibility for clinical management of patients in an inpatient settings. Obtain patient histories, perform physical examinations, order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests, prescribe medications, and develop treatment plans. Direct or participate in case management and continuing care. Collaborate, refer, and consult with department attending physicians, specialists, and other members of the health care team to deliver effective, efficient, safe, and high quality care. Contribute to organizational and departmental continuous performance and quality improvement projects. Participate in education and research efforts for patients, families, and the health care team.
This position will be supporting the PBMU, but may also include responsibilities in the outpatient clinic and emergency department/psych consult. There may also be alternative shift schedules that include evenings and weekends.
- Master’s degree or higher in nursing with a concentration in a psychiatric nurse practitioner program.
- One year work experience in a pediatric or family focused clinical area.
- Active, unencumbered registered nurse and advanced registered nurse practitioner licensure in the State of Washington.
- Current national certification as a pediatric or family nurse practitioner.
- Active Drug Enforcement Authority registration.
- At time of hire: Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required.
PALS is to be maintained at all times by all nurses.
- Active clinical privileges as an Allied Health Provider, Seattle Children’s Hospital.
- Prior to start of employment, must obtain, and maintain in good standing, medical or allied health professional staff privileges that are not limited, revoked, suspended, conditioned, or probationary, except for normal probationary periods due to initial appointment. All medical and allied health professional staff members are provisional for the first year.
- Any and all medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children's will terminate automatically upon the termination of the individual's employment at Children's. Termination of employment does not prohibit the individual from seeking medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children’s as a non-employee in any category for which the individual qualifies. Questions regarding medical or allied health professional staff privileges may be directed to Medical Staff Services.
- Two years experience in a nurse practitioner role.
- Two years experience in pediatric health care.
Back to top