Provider Practice Advisor
The Practice Advisor works in collaboration with CUMG and SCH providers and Service Line leadership, and UWSOM Department/Division key partners to provide practice analysis as it relates to provider practices and serves as the interface between the key partners and internal support services (i.e., revenue cycle, charge capture, compliance). The Practice Advisor will provide reports/dashboards, analysis, and performance management strategies to support and enhance the members’ practice performance.
The Practice Advisor is expected to achieve high client satisfaction by building relationships with their assigned Departments that demonstrate a keen understanding of the specific business lines provided within the Department/Divisions. S/he will monitor the revenue cycle performance of the Department, perform analysis to identify Departmental or individual provider performance or reimbursement trends, and address variances, productivity questions, and revenue cycle questions and bring them to resolution. The Practice Advisor will coordinate with stakeholders and partners to identify opportunities to improve workflows, troubleshoot issues, provide visibility to data, and resolve inquires by the Department/Divisions.
This position will support key initiatives in support of provider practice management, including workforce planning, by combining their knowledge of physician practice, professional billing, project management, and IT systems and data, with analytic and presentation skills in order to provide the information necessary for effective process and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree business, mathematics, industrial engineering, health administration, or other relevant analytical discipline.
- Minimum three years experience working in the physician practice management field.
- Experience with professional billing and reporting software; knowledge of Epic/ Cerner.
- Experience in creating dashboards and conducting analysis to support decision-making and operational management.
- Master’s degree in Business or Health Administration.
- Professional Coding knowledge or certification.
- Tableau experience.
Back to top