- Seattle, WA
- Master’s degree in nursing with a concentration in a pediatric or family nurse practitioner program.
- One year work experience in a pediatric or family focused clinical area.
- Active, unencumbered registered nurse and advanced registered nurse practitioner licensure in the State of Washington.
- Current national certification as a pediatric or family nurse practitioner.
- Active Drug Enforcement Authority registration.
- At time of hire: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- As a condition of employment: Current BLS for Health Care Providers is to be maintained at all times by all nurses. Note: current PALS and/or PEARS will be accepted in lieu of BLS, and must be maintained as current at all times. Employees are responsible for any costs (including time away from work) associated with obtaining PALS or PEARS certification if it is not a requirement of the position. (ACLS will not be accepted as a substitute to the requirements listed above.)
- Active clinical privileges as an Allied Health Provider, Seattle Children’s Hospital.
- Prior to start of employment, must obtain, and maintain in good standing, medical or allied health professional staff privileges that are not limited, revoked, suspended, conditioned, or probationary, except for normal probationary periods due to initial appointment. All medical and allied health professional staff members are provisional for the first year.
- Any and all medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children's will terminate automatically upon the termination of the individual's employment at Children's. Termination of employment does not prohibit the individual from seeking medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children’s as a non-employee in any category for which the individual qualifies. Questions regarding medical or allied health professional staff privileges may be directed to Medical Staff Services.
- Two years experience in a nurse practitioner role.
- Two years experience in pediatric health care.
Back to top