Nurse Practitioner, CICU (PALS Required)
Provide direct care and assume responsibility for the clinical management of pediatric critical care patients in pediatric cardiac intensive care unit, and as a critical care resource provider. Obtain patient histories, perform physical examinations, order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests, prescribe medications, perform procedures, and develop treatment plans. Direct or participate in case management and continuing care. Collaborate, refer, and consult with department attending physicians, specialists, and other members of the health care team to deliver effective, efficient, safe, and high quality care. Contribute to organizational and departmental continuous performance and quality improvement projects. Participate in education and research efforts for patients, families, and the health care team.
- Master’s degree in nursing or higher, with a pediatric acute care nurse practitioner (PNP-AC) concentration.Nurser
- One year work experience in pediatric critical care.
- Active, unencumbered registered nurse and advanced registered nurse practitioner licensure in the State of Washington.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Current national certification as a pediatric acute care nurse practitioner (PNP-AC)
- Active Drug Enforcement Authority registration.
Prior to start of employment, must obtain, and maintain in good standing, medical or allied health professional staff privileges that are not limited, revoked, suspended, conditioned or probationary, except for normal probationary periods due to initial appointment (all medical and allied health professional staff members are provisional for the first year).
Any/all medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children's will terminate automatically upon the termination of the individual's employment at Children's. Termination of employment does not prohibit the individual from seeking medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children’s as a non-employee in any category for which the individual qualifies. Questions regarding medical or allied health professional staff privileges may be directed to Medical Staff Services.
-Two years experience in pediatric critical care
Back to top