Nurse Educator, Outreach Education
As part of an education team, lead and coordinate Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) training for internal and community healthcare professionals. Provide some program instruction and/ or back up support for other Outreach courses, such as Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP).
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing from accredited School of Nursing.
- Minimum of three (3) years of pediatric nursing experience in clinical setting.
- Experience with education, teaching in clinical setting.
- Current Washington State RN License.
- National certification in Nursing Professional Development must be obtained within 3 years of employement.
- PALS Provider at time of hire or within 3 months of hire.
- PALS Instructor Certification at time of hire or within 6 months of hire.
- PEARS Provider at time of hire or within 3 months of hire.
- PEARS Instructor Certification at time of hire or within 6 months of hire.
- NRP Provider within 6 months of hire.
- Masters Degree in Nursing. MSN/MN may be subsitted by Master’s deemed relevant by Seattle Children's, i.e. Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Publich Health, Healthcare Education, etc. as long as the undergraduate degree is a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Five (5) years experience in pediatric nursing in clinical setting.
- Experience in critical care nursing.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical education program development and continuous innovation and improvement processes.
Back to top