Mental Health Therapist, Outpatient
Provides diagnostic evaluations and evidence based therapy in the outpatient Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine Specialty Clinics of Seattle Children’s, an academic medical center. Specialty Clinics include Mood and Anxiety Program (MAP) with CBT for treatment of anxiety and mood disorders, ERP for OCD including an OCD Intensive Outpatient Program, CAMS for suicidality, DBT for emotion dysregulation and suicidal risk, and Family Based Therapy for Eating Disorders. The PEARL Clinic for ADHD and related disorders focuses on evaluations and behavioral parent training programs including Incredible Years.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or related field.
- Minimum two years experience in providing direct treatment services to children and families.
- Licensed as a Mental Health Professional in Washington State in appropriate field according to degree (e.g., LICSW, LMFT).
- Minority Mental Health Specialist designation.
- Experience with multi-system involved children with severe behavioral problems and/or developmental disabilities.
- Experience with the King County MHP and Washington State Mental Health WACs.
- Experience providing comprehensive intake evaluations with multi-axial diagnoses.
- Experience with evidence based practice.
See Inside the Office of Seattle Children's
United by the mission to provide hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible, Seattle Children’s has been helping prevent, treat, and eliminate pediatric disease for over 100 years. Through compassionate care and breakthrough research, the hospital creates better futures for its patients and families every day.
Back to top