Mental Health Evaluator Emergency Department
Provides mental health assessment and treatment services to children, adolescents, and families with serious developmental, emotional, and behavioral difficulties (and possible co-morbid chronic medical conditions) who present to the emergency department in a manner that is evidence-based, cost-effective, and results in movement toward resolution of the crisis impacting the child and family’s functioning.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or related field
- Minimum of two years experience providing direct treatment services to children and families
- Licensed as a Mental Health Professional in Washington State, licensed in appropriate field according to degree (e.g., LICSW, LMHC)
- Minority Mental Health Specialist designation
- Experience with multi-system involved children with severe behavioral problems and/or developmental disabilities
- Experience with the King County MHP and Washington State Mental Health WACs
- Experience providing comprehensive intake evaluations with multi-axial diagnoses
- Experience with evidence based practice
See Inside the Office of Seattle Children's
United by the mission to provide hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible, Seattle Children’s has been helping prevent, treat, and eliminate pediatric disease for over 100 years. Through compassionate care and breakthrough research, the hospital creates better futures for its patients and families every day.
Back to top