Medical Assistant - Certified Urgent Care Clinic .6 D/E
- Bellevue, WA
Urgent Care MAs will bring patients back to rooms and obtain information regarding allergies, immunizations, exposures, travel history, visit reason, as well as vital signs. You will help care for children ages 3 to 21 with a wide variety of illness complaints. They will perform clinical interventions such as medication administration, urinary caths, EKGs, capillary puncture, holding for procedures, obtaining visual acuities, wound and ear irrigation, nasal suctioning, and point of care testing. As an MA in urgent care, you will also be able to perform venipunctures. This role also helps to facilitate clinic flow by cleaning rooms in between patients, stocking rooms as needed, and helping the RN staff with tasks required to open and close clinic.
The assignment for this position is primarily based at the BellevueUrgent Care location but the incumbent may be required to work other Urgent Care locations as assigned. Must be available for call
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current Medical Assistant – Certified designation by Washington Department of Health (DOH)
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- One of the following certifications is required within 6 months of employment (this requirement applies to those who were grandfathered into the Medical Assistant-Certified certification from the Healthcare Assistant certification:
Current Certified medical assistant examination through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)Preferred, Registered medical assistant certification examination through American Medical Technologists (AMT), Clinical medical assistant certification examination through the National Health Career Association (NHA) or National certified medical assistant examination through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Current Certification as a Medical Assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Medical Assistant or medical office experience
- Current Medical Assistant experience in Pediatrics, Urgent Care experience and/or Medical screening and immunization
Back to top