Manager, Echocardiology Laboratory
What you will do: Manages the daily operational aspects of Echo Services to ensure continuous, timely, and quality service at all sites of care. Responsible for clinical supervision and evaluation of sonographers and team support members. Provide leadership for Quality Improvement activities. Proactively support the efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services, and promotes a safe environment.
About us: Seattle Children's does a huge volume of echocardiograms on babies and children - more than 1,000 every month. Along with our partners at the University of Washington, we have access to the latest research on this important technology. In addition to our routine pediatric echocardiograms, we provide a number of specialized services, including:
- Fetal echocardiogram
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE), performed during virtually all heart surgeries, and occasionally for other surgical specialties
- Echocardiography in our regional clinics
- Employee Centric: Rated #10 on Forbes Best Employer list
- Clinical Expertise: We have 17 sonographers registered in pediatrics the most in the region. Dr. Brian Soriano, director of the Echocardiography Laboratory, is a world-recognized pediatric cardiologist specializing in echocardiography
- Leader in Pediatric care: Seattle Children's Heart Center is one of the best pediatric cardiology programs in the United States, and the top-ranked program in the Northwest, according to U.S. News & World Report
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values and heritage
Required Education/Experience: - Graduate of an accredited ultrasound technology program in an AMA-approved school. - Minimum three (3) years clinical experience as a cardiac ultrasonographer. - Minimum two (2) years experience in sonography supervision and/or a management capacity. - Demonstrated leadership experience. Required Credentials: - ARDMS Certification in Pediatric Echo. - Current BLS for Healthcare Providers. Preferred: - Bachelor's Degree in related field. - Previous experience in new technology implementation. - Previous experience with state and federal guidelines.
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top