Implant & Tissue Specialist
The Implant and Tissue Coordinator is responsible for sourcing, inventory, distribution, proper charging, tracking and distribution of implants, high value items and tissues in the Operating Room environment.
- Identify vendors for implants and tissue, place orders: Acquire items from vendors in optimal quantities and at agreed upon price; assure acquisition of "Approved" items only; ensure that tissue vendors meet established criteria for qualification; maintain effective vendor/supplier relationships; forecast needs by reviewing surgery schedules.
- Inventory Management: Monitor product expirations; assure quick access to all items; establish and maintain PAR levels on all items; maintain items in required, secure holding environment.
- Distribution: Issue implants to clinical users for specific patient needs; decrement inventory levels; analyze schedules and coordinate with charge nurses for implant needs; supervise other staff involved with the distribution function as needed.
- Revenue Capture: Post charges to patient accounts for items issued; adjust patient accounts for returns.
- Tracking & Reporting: Maintain database on all tissue items; issue reports on utilization and costs.
- Compliance: Develop & administer compliant tissue management plan for Seattle Children's; work with Tissue Medical Director and Tissue Committee to update practices.
Required Education/Experience: High school graduate or equivalent. Five (5) years professional experience in materials management or clinical background with exposure to implants and inventory systems. Knowledge of surgical terminology, products and procedures. Proficient using hospital and/or financial applications and/or systems.
Required Credentials: - N/A
Preferred: Knowledge of implants. BA or BS degree and professional level experience in materials management as a buyer or closely related position OR Clinical Delivery (as a RN, Surg Tech) experience plus 1 to 2 years experience with implants and supplies. Broad knowledge of tissue-specific and surgical specialty.
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top