Grants & Contract Administrator
We are growing! The Center for Child Health, Behavior, and Development is hiring a Grants & Contract Administrator to join our Seattle Children's team. This permanent (not grant funded) position will serve as a bridge between a portfolio of PIs across all divisions of Seattle Children’s Hospital and multiple administrative functions supporting the research enterprise.
- Do you thrive in a high volume, dynamic environment?
- Do you have experience managing the administrative components of multi-site trials including invoicing?
- Do you seek ways to continually improve the efficiency of research administration systems?
- Do you want to be a part of a high performing team dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients and families?
If you are looking for that next challenge and are a grant management specialist or project administrator with at least three years’ experience managing federal and non-federal pre/post award processes, then we encourage you to apply.
What You Will Do:
· Support the research of assigned divisions by managing grant and contract proposal preparation, budget development, effort management, and reporting oversight.
· Promote stewardship of research awards by facilitating fiscal process review, monitoring expenditures, preparing invoices, and ensuring timely closeout.
· Connect people to process by serving as a liaison between the Center Business Office, Principal Investigators (PIs), fiscal and administrative support personnel, clinical research staff, and central Research Support Services divisions.
· Establish and maintain data integrity across grant management tracking and financial systems.
· Engage in continuous improvement initiatives at the personal, team, Center, and Institute levels.
Seattle Children’s Employer Highlights
· We are one of the Top 5 Pediatric Research Centers in the Nation
· Challenging and rewarding career aimed at supporting groundbreaking research
· High energy, high pace, and exciting work environment
· Dedication to staff engagement and Lean principles
· Employee-centric: Recruit and retain the best talent
· Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who use alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
· Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five (5) years administrative and/or management experience
- At least three (3) years experience managing federal and non-federal grant application/award processes and post award grants management.
- Certified Research Administrator
- Familiarity with Seattle Children’s and UW fiscal processes and systems
- Supervisory experience.
Back to top