Grants & Contract Administrator
We are growing! The Center for Child Health, Behavior, and Development is hiring a Grants & Contract Administrator to join our Seattle Children's team. This permanent (not grant funded) position will serve as a bridge between a portfolio of PIs across all divisions of Seattle Children’s Hospital and multiple administrative functions supporting the research enterprise.
- Do you thrive in a high volume, dynamic environment?
- Do you have experience managing the administrative components of multi-site trials including invoicing?
- Do you seek ways to continually improve the efficiency of research administration systems?
- Do you want to be a part of a high performing team dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients and families?
If you are looking for that next challenge and are a grant management specialist or project administrator with at least three years’ experience managing federal and non-federal pre/post award processes, then we encourage you to apply.
What You Will Do:
· Support the research of assigned divisions by managing grant and contract proposal preparation, budget development, effort management, and reporting oversight.
· Promote stewardship of research awards by facilitating fiscal process review, monitoring expenditures, preparing invoices, and ensuring timely closeout.
· Connect people to process by serving as a liaison between the Center Business Office, Principal Investigators (PIs), fiscal and administrative support personnel, clinical research staff, and central Research Support Services divisions.
· Establish and maintain data integrity across grant management tracking and financial systems.
· Engage in continuous improvement initiatives at the personal, team, Center, and Institute levels.
Seattle Children’s Employer Highlights
· We are one of the Top 5 Pediatric Research Centers in the Nation
· Challenging and rewarding career aimed at supporting groundbreaking research
· High energy, high pace, and exciting work environment
· Dedication to staff engagement and Lean principles
· Employee-centric: Recruit and retain the best talent
· Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who use alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
· Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five (5) years administrative and/or management experience
- At least three (3) years experience managing federal and non-federal grant application/award processes and post award grants management.
- Certified Research Administrator
- Familiarity with Seattle Children’s and UW fiscal processes and systems
- Supervisory experience.
See Inside the Office of Seattle Children's
United by the mission to provide hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible, Seattle Children’s has been helping prevent, treat, and eliminate pediatric disease for over 100 years. Through compassionate care and breakthrough research, the hospital creates better futures for its patients and families every day.
Back to top