Food Service Worker III - Forest Storeroom
Perform a variety of food service support activities as delegated by supervisor or lead including but not limited to: receiving product from vendors, unboxing and putting away products in the storeroom, daily inventory and ordering via online systems, sourcing new products, working with vendors to coordinate deliveries and receive credits, troubleshooting product issues, responding to emails, setting and updating par levels, communicating with sous chefs and other Nutrition employees about product outages and changes, cleaning the work areas and working with the Ocean storeroom and Nourishment Room stockers on a daily basis to provide the right products to the people who need it. Safely clean and operate a variety of preparation and production. Interpret, implement and follow HACCP and other food safety regulations. Provide customer service to patients, visitors, and staff according to hospital and department expectations.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four years of food service experience OR completion of 4 year undergraduate dietetics degree program
- Demonstrated participation in Continuous Process Improvement activities
- Proven excellence in customer service skills with patients, families and staff
- Washington State Food and Beverage Service Worker's Permit obtained within 1 month of employment.
- College-level coursework
- Cross-functional worker across multiple roles
- Experience in healthcare food service
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top