Fellow - PhD
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to conduct research on viral or nonviral gene therapy for hemophilia at Seattle Children’s Research Institute funded by the National Institute of Health. Research areas include lentiviral vector mediated or ultrasound-mediated nonviral gene therapy with various gene carriers, animal model studies, and immunomodulation strategies. The post-doctoral fellow will develop scientific skills as appropriate for this level of training position and carry out research/development activities in support of assigned research projects. Responsibilities include protocol development and review, data collection and analysis, manuscript and fellowship application preparation, and training in the conduct of clinical trials and research.
- PhD in bioengineering, molecular or cellular biology, biochemistry, or hematology from an accredited university training program
- Experience using basic molecular biology techniques and other basic techniques of medical research
- Experience with gene transfer, techniques, and concepts of gene therapy
- Experience with small and/or large animal model studies
- Experience in protocol and manuscript development and grant writing
Back to top