Seattle Children’s is united by a compelling mission: We provide hope, care and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible.
Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research and serve as the pediatric and adolescent academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2017, U.S. News & World Report ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation’s best children’s hospitals – for the 25th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report. Seattle Children’s is one of just six hospitals nationwide to have all 10 programs ranked in the top 20.
We are a mission driven community, passionate about improving the lives of children. No matter what role you are in, everyone in the organization has an impact on this. Are you ready to come to work every day with a bigger purpose in mind while showing you are a functional expert as a Diversity Recruiter?
The Diversity Recruiter will drive our strategy around diversity recruiting and external partnerships. You will be responsible for activating multiple candidate channels to build opportunistic pipelines and creating relationships with top talent and the Seattle Children’s brand.
- Working with the TA Director, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer and our clients, you will help develop and implement a strategy around diversity recruitment
- Source and build a diverse candidate pipeline for various roles within the organization
- Track, monitor and provide insights around diversity recruiting efforts and identify trends or areas of adjustments to improve results
- Conduct marketing research to understand where external diverse talent pools exist and strategize on how best to maximize our outreach efforts
- Become a subject matter expert with our client groups and leaders with regards to best practices around diversity recruitment and retention
- Ability to build a steady stream of prospective diverse talent and ensure a regular cadence of candidate presentation to hiring managers and leaders
- Manage existing diversity recruitment programs and introduce new ones based on your market research and community partnerships
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds and thoughts because this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Each of us is respectfully encouraged to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes diversity and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children's aims to have a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We believe we give our patients better care by having staff whose beliefs, attitudes and life experiences reflect those of our patient families.
- Four-year degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive recruitment experience
- Ability to influence using data and insights
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen – the ability to understand an organization's business model, operations, financials and competitors
- Strong sourcing skills, ability to assess talent and understand best fit within an organization
- Executive presence, ability to communicate effectively with leaders within an organization
- Able to work well independently but seamlessly with a team as well
- Results focused, team player, ability to “get things done”
Back to top