Director, Environmental Services
Provide management and leadership for organization-wide environmental services (housekeeping, materials and waste management) and grounds maintenance departments. Plan, organize and direct activities to ensure the provision of safe, efficient, cost-effective, and quality services. Implements departmental goals and objectives, develops and assures professional standards, maintains regulatory and accreditation standards, patient, physician and employee satisfaction, optimal staff scheduling and productivity, and budgeting parameters for all cost centers for salaries and wages, supplies and purchased services, and capital. Provides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week basis operations across multiple sites. Collaborate with leadership to develop and communicate organizational vision and goals and carries out the position in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the organization mission and values.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- At least six (6) years hospital supervisory experience
- Previous experience training new employees
- Previous education and or experience in development and implementation of hospital staff programs.
- MBA or equivalent
- Housekeeping experience in a health care environment.
- Bi-Lingual or multi-lingual in common second languages of our patients and workgroups.
See Inside the Office of Seattle Children's
United by the mission to provide hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible, Seattle Children’s has been helping prevent, treat, and eliminate pediatric disease for over 100 years. Through compassionate care and breakthrough research, the hospital creates better futures for its patients and families every day.
Back to top