Dental Director, OBCC
- Seattle, WA
Who we are: Odessa Brown Children's Clinic (OBCC) is a community clinic of Seattle Children's Hospital located in Seattle's Central District. Children from birth through 21 receive care from a team of specially trained pediatric care providers. OBCC provides medical, dental, mental health and nutrition services to all families, regardless of their ability to pay. To learn more about the clinic and services provided please visit us at http://www.seattlechildrens.org/contact/odessa-brown/
Our Mission: Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic is an enduring community partner with a dedication to promoting quality pediatric care, family advocacy, health collaboration, mentoring and education in a culturally relevant context.
What you will do: This position assumes overall responsibility for all the activities of the professional staff at the OBCC Dental Clinic. In conjunction with the dental administrative manager (lead dental assistant), is also responsible for the quality of support services, fiscal planning and implementation and program performance. Has the responsibility for developing cost effective dental and community oral health programs to meet the needs of children and adolescents in the community served by OBCC. Is part of the OBCC leadership team the works collaboratively with the community in developing and implementing successful direct and community orientated health care initiatives. This position is also responsible for advocacy for child health/oral health within professional organizations, governmental bodies and the general public and provides training to other dental providers in the treatment and care of children’s teeth. The position also provides dental education to numerous individuals in various dental disciplines and levels of education and training. Applies the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate interactions with staff, patients and families of all ages.
Employee Centric: Rated #10 on Forbes Best Employer list
Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values and heritage
Commitment to Health/Wellness: Children's offers a full service health and wellness center offering free primary, preventive, and urgent care for Seattle Children's employees
Inclusion Networks: The Inclusion Network is Seattle Children's organizational resource group program. It is an interconnected community of Children's employees who are committed to the Inclusion Network mission and vision. Individual Networks include: Q Pod (LGBTQ) Network, Green Team (Sustainability) Network, Hola (Hispanic/Latino) Network, Indigenous Peoples Network, Parenting Network, Black and African Heritage Network.
- Doctorate degree in dentistry.
- General Practice Dental Residency or pediatric dentistry residency and five years experience in treating children or ten years of clinical experience in the treatment of children.
- Five years experience in Dental and Community Health Program Administration or Dental Public Health.
- Experience with diverse cultures/socio-economic groups
Licensed in Dentistry in the State of Washington.
- Prior to start of employment, must obtain, and maintain in good standing, medical or allied health professional staff privileges that are not limited, revoked, suspended, conditioned, or probationary, except for normal probationary periods due to initial appointment. All medical and allied health professional staff members are provisional for the first year.
- Any and all medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children's will terminate automatically upon the termination of the individual's employment at Children's. Termination of employment does not prohibit the individual from seeking medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children’s as a non-employee in any category for which the individual qualifies. Questions regarding medical or allied health professional staff privileges may be directed to Medical Staff Services.
- Advanced training in pediatric dentistry.
- Advanced training in Health Care Administration, Public Health or Health Care promotion.
Back to top