Dental Assistant I
Currently we have two per diem openings.
Who we are: Odessa Brown Children's Clinic (OBCC) is a community clinic of Seattle Children's Hospital located in Seattle's Central District. Children from birth through 21 receive care from a team of specially trained pediatric care providers. OBCC provides medical, dental, mental health and nutrition services to all families, regardless of their ability to pay. To learn more about the clinic and services provided please visit us at http://www.seattlechildrens.org/contact/odessa-brown/
Our Mission: Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic is an enduring community partner with a dedication to promoting quality pediatric care, family advocacy, health collaboration, mentoring and education in a culturally relevant context.
What you will do: Assist in the delivery of pediatric dental care. Apply the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate interactions with staff, patients and families of all ages.
• Employee Centric: Rated #10 on Forbes Best Employer list
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values and heritage
• Commitment to Health/Wellness: Children's offers a full service health and wellness center offering free primary, preventive, and urgent care for Seattle Children's employees
• Inclusion Networks: The Inclusion Network is Seattle Children's organizational resource group program. It is an interconnected community of Children's employees who are committed to the Inclusion Network mission and vision. Individual Networks include: Q Pod (LGBTQ) Network, Green Team (Sustainability) Network, Hola (Hispanic/Latino) Network, Indigenous Peoples Network, Parenting Network, Black and African Heritage Network.
Minimum Education and Experience: (Identify only education requirements that are legally defensible – e.g., an attorney needs a Juris Doctor)
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduation from a Dental Assistant Program or the equivalent of three years experience
- Must obtain CDA within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) with the State of Washington
- BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- One year of prior dental assiting experience
- Dental assisting experience with children
- Dental assisting experience with patients with special health care needs.
Back to top