Database Administrator, Sr.
Advanced role in technical administration and support of MS SQL primary relational databases. Provides technical support of DBA activities for enterprise relational databases. Manages highly reliable, high performance database processing environments. Executes physical changes to databases; coding, testing, and implementation. Effectively provide technical expertise for projects in collaboration with customers to ensure direction, quality assurance, and standards for all database environments. Aid development teams in design and testing of high performance coding techniques. Work directly with business and IT associates in an advanced level technical role, ensuring best practices for database security, availability, recoverability and performance.
- BS/BA degree in IT related field, OR technical school certificate/diploma and equivalent experience
- At least five (5) years of Information Technology experience in support of medium to large relational database applications
- Specific technology support roles with responsibility for producing structured, formal requirement specifications and documentation.
- Experience with high availability clustering technologies.
- Knowledge of third party software: Patrol, Idera, Qwest Software, Oracle EM
- Knowledge of and experience with Enterprise software packages such as Lawson, SharePoint, Exchange, etc
See Inside the Office of Seattle Children's
United by the mission to provide hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible, Seattle Children’s has been helping prevent, treat, and eliminate pediatric disease for over 100 years. Through compassionate care and breakthrough research, the hospital creates better futures for its patients and families every day.
Back to top