Data Analyst Sr - Accountable Care
Supports the Hospital and Seattle Children's Care Network (SCCN) vision, mission, and strategic initiatives around population health to lower cost and improve care for pediatric lives in the Puget Sound region. This position provides analytic insight drawing on data from a variety of sources, including a population health management tool that integrates clinical, billing, and administrative data from primary care, specialty care, and hospital EMRs, as well as health plan claims data. The incumbent may work on projects supporting clinical quality interventions, financial forecasting, identifying trends, stratifying populations based on risk, and evaluating care management outcomes. The incumbent is responsible for frequently taking a formal or an informal lead on project tasks and provides leadership in evaluating and optimizing these solutions. The incumbent also assures integrity of the data for current and future use in strategic initiatives, continuous quality improvement efforts, and for insuring the sustainability and adaptability of all developed solutions. This includes data wrangling and validation, creating actionable analytics, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Science, Computer Science, Math, Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience/technical training that demonstrates analytical and technical competency
- Minimum five (5) years experience performing progressively more responsible work as a clinical or business data analyst, developer or equivalent in a clinical or financial setting
- Minimum five (5) years of related work in a healthcare environment
- Experience with Cerner, Epic or similar software product.
Required Credentials: N/A
- At least six (6) years progressively more complex systems and analysis responsibilities
- At least three (3) years managing medium to large projects using standard project management skills, tools and methodologies
- Experience with clinical, hospital and/or financial applications and/or systems
- Utilizes established data analysis models and tools for analyzing qualitative or quantitative data
- Applies fundamental statistical methods to identify correlations and causal relationships
- Experience with EHR, Claims, Risk Adjustment and HEDIS reporting.
- Experience with various formats including CCDA, XML, HL7, X12, Flat Files
- Experience with Data Wrangling, Normalization, and Mapping for integration
- Experience with Data Validation
- Experience with data mining, root-cause analysis and in-depth analyses
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top